In this episode of Active Cooking, RJ Shilok and RJ Vijaya cook up some delicious Kolar Special Chicken.
- Chicken – 1/2 kg
- Green Dal
- Ginger Paste
- Cloves and cinnamon
- Chicken Masala Powder or Coriander Powder
- Red Chilies
- First, clean the chicken using haldi and keep it aside.
- Soak the green dal in water.
- Add chili powder and salt to the chicken and mix them well.
- Deep fry the chopped onions, with the garlic, five to six red chillies, half a spoon of ginger paste, some cloves, a little cinnamon, and some small pieces of coconut. Add in some coriander powder. Run this mixture through a mixer-grinder and keep it aside.
- Roast some onion slices. Add in the chicken, green dal and the masala mixture.
- Allow the mix to cook in a pressure cooker, timing it to 3-4 whistles.
Serve this yummy curry with some ragi mudde. Chappatis or dosas will work very well, too!
Written by Ramya Gowda K.