Are you bored of eating cucumber in salads? Are you looking for some excitement in your dosas? Why not try the ‘Cucumber Dosa’?
You heard it right! Cucumber Dosa is a well-known Mangalorean delicacy. It combines healthy ingredients like cucumber and jaggery and the yummy goodness of a dosa. This recipe is perfect for the times when stray cucumbers you had bought for salads have been lying in the fridge unused and you are looking for creative ways of consuming them.
- Soaked Rice
- Grated Coconut
- Salt to taste
- Pre-soak the rice for a few hours and keep it aside.
- Grate the coconut and grind it along with the soaked rice to obtain a thick batter consistency.
- Grate the cucumbers and add them to the batter.
- Now, add a small amount of jaggery to the batter.
- Next, add in a pinch of salt.
- Heat a dosa tava. Pour a few drops of oil on it and then pour a scoopful of the batter into the oil. Spread it out evenly using circular motions to form a thin layer of dosa.
- Flip the dosa and take it off the tava once it is crisp.
- Our cucumber dosa is ready.
- Enjoy with coconut-jaggery chutney, or ghee and chutney powder.
Listen in for more…